Wednesday 6 November 2013

Ready to Start: something about me and my aspirations for this module.

I have been interested in both wildlife and photography for many years and since retirement I have been able to indulge these two passions.  My photographs can be seen either on my website,  my Flickr site or my blogs.  I have had experience many years ago of traditional film photography taking transparencies and processing my own black and white images.  In recent years, though, I have converted entirely to digital.  I use Canon 7D and 50D cameras with lenses ranging from 500mm (for bird photography and an indulgent present to myself when I retired!) down to 10-20 zoom.  I also have a Canon G10 compact.  I use RAW capture and process my images using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Elements 7.  I print my own images using an Epson R2880.

I have completed three Level 1 photography courses gaining a C grade in each one. One thing I learned during these three modules is that I am not as good as I thought I was so I was inspired when I read this quote on an OCA brochure “It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be.”  I have just completed Level 2 Landscape which will be assessed this November; hopefully I will have  improved on the C grade as I intend to continue my studies to gain the BA Hons Photography Degree.  I have gained much from my previous courses and hope that I will continue to  improve my photography during this module.  I look forward to it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment