Tuesday 11 November 2014

Assignment 5: Covering an Event. Marketing Your Work.

Having made the decision not to approach my local media or the national cycling press I approached my local cycle shop to see if they would be interested in buying some images and displaying them in the new premises.  They were very interested in the idea and so I wrote to them formally.  See below:-


The price I quoted is based on the pricing scale that I use on my website and which is reasonable and competitive in this local area. The thumbnail sheet I included with the letter is shown below:-
Below is the reply from Cyclemode.
The initial image chosen is the third of the set as it shows a mass of riders and is full of colour but when the new shop is fully open and it is possible to see what wall space is available the owners, Lynn and Guy Kemp may chose further images.

I also received an email from the owner of Bank View Cafe at Langsett near Midhopestones and on the Tour route asking how he could obtain some of my images to display in his cafe.  He had seen mine on my Flickr site.  I replied with my price list but have heard no more.  I think he was hoping to get them free and it may have been good publicity but I felt it wasn't fair to Cycle Mode who were buying the same images.  The emails are shown below.

Dear Pete
Glad you like the photos.  I can produce A4 and A3+ prints at £10 and £20 as per my website at www.mikepickwellwildimages.co.uk or mounted for £15 and £25.  If you would prefer to have them printed yourself I will email you the full size, high res JPEGs for £20 each.

Kind Regards

Mike


Mike Pickwell
www.mikepickwellwildimages.co.uk
01472506950
07795086297

-----Original Message-----
From: pete@bankviewcafe.co.uk [mailto:pete@bankviewcafe.co.uk]
Sent: 09 August 2014 13:37
To: michael.pickwell@ntlworld.com
Subject: Tour de France Photos

Hi Mike,
Seen your photo set of the Tour passing Midhopestones on Flickr, I'm collecting together nice photos and cool artwork of the Tour, to decorate one of my rooms at my Cafe in Langsett, and wondered how I'd go about getting some prints of yours to display?
cheers
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment