Friday 30 January 2015

Final Reflections

It is amazing that I am already at the end of another module and now wait for my assessment result and look forward to starting Level 3.  In my second reflection, after I had received the results for my previous module, I noted that I was disappointed with my result having hoped for 60% and only gaining 56%.  I concluded that, as I had only had positive comments for my assignments, my actual photography was at least OK and I suggested that my weakness, perhaps lay in the contextual side of my work.  During this module I have worked very hard to redress that imbalance, whilst at the same time maintaining a high level of photography.  My tutor has been very supportive in this and I hope that there is a distinct improvement in my work.

I have enjoyed all aspects of this module, despite finding the assignments at first reading daunting. They did prove to be challenging.  Assignment 1 gave me the opportunity to improve on the similar assignment from my Landscape module and I enjoyed doing this.  My tutor felt that the standard of photography was high and agreed with me that the contextual side of the work as weaker.  To this end I spent time and effort improving my self appraisal for the assignment.  I found assignment 2 quite daunting but in the end achieved a great deal of satisfaction from my completed book cover for Far From the Madding Crowd.  I particularly found Assignment 3 satisfying and enjoyed working with my tutor to arrive at a suitable brief and then fulfilling that brief to my tutor's exacting standards.  Assignment 4 proved to be the greatest challenge for me and, in retrospect, perhaps I did not select the best of subjects for my review.  In my reworked essay I worked hard to incorporate my tutors suggestions to improve the work.  This is an area of my practice that will need concerted effort at Level 3.  Perhaps Assignment 5 gave me the greatest satisfaction and I thoroughly enjoyed photographing the Tour de France as my event.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this module, gained much experience and, hopefully, improved the standard of my practice.  I now look forward to Level 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment