Saturday 19 April 2014

Assignment 2: Response to Tutor's Comments.

Again I was delighted with my tutor's comments and, yet again, not only the way he critically assessed the assignment itself, but also the though way that he has looked at and commented on my learning log with constructive criticism.  The assignment itself he felt was successful 'This is a well prepared and lucidly written up assignment in a successful realisation of the assignment brief'.  He made the comment that I could have added more drama to the image by shooting from a lower angle.  I take this on board but I had to work quickly and my subjects, sheep, were not cooperating particularly well.  I had to use a tripod in order to ensure that the camera position was identical in the two images and also to provide a rock solid platform for the long exposure shot.  I had my tripod on it's lowest setting without splaying the legs which I did not have time to do.  Unfortunately when I returned with a view to re-shooting the assignment the sheep had been moved.  He commented that the blurb on the back cover lacked margins, which I have corrected and he questioned the use of a red font for my quote.  I did want the quote to stand out from the rest of the blurb but agree that the red was a touch strident and incongruous so I have changed it to black.  I include the altered book cover below:

He feels that my learning log is coming on well and comments: '...you have settled quickly into the module and there's a refreshing sense of experimentation and inquiry motivating your learning log.'  I was absolutely thrilled with this comment as lack of experimentation and creativity has always been a criticism with past modules.  I hope to build on this in the future.  It was suggested that I could add some images to my research piece on Tama Dezso, which I have done.

It was felt that my reading was coming on well, although I might like to broaden it with conceptual or historical writing now and again.  The course reader, Liz Wells was recommended as a source and , as well as the essay by Karin Becker, I have read one by Edward Weston which I need to record in my blog.  Some more books were suggested for my reading list which I shall acquire.

All in all I am delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment