Wednesday 4 December 2013

Assignment 1: Foiled by the local council.

I had wanted to revisit the lights at Cleethorpes both at high tide to try to improve on the 'straight' night shot of the lights and also after high tide in order to have another go at my zoom burst image.  I made two return visits only to find that the lights were not switched on!!  As it happened, at high tide, it was not possible to get into position to improve on the reflection and anyway I think that perhaps the reflection in wet sand was probably better as the texture in the sand is clear.  As far as the zoom burst went I had another look at one of my original shots and found that I could crop it in a way that pleased me.  I would have liked to have positioned myself at right angles to the lights in order to secure a symmetrical burst, but in the end I like the asymmetry of this shot; it reminds me of the light from a lighthouse sweeping across the sky.

 Although the image below is from my archives and taken in 2011, it really epitomises Cleethorpes for me as this huge flock of waders take to the air at high tide at the south of the resort.  As it is an old image, I may well not use it in my final selection.

This shot from my archives of the Cleethorpes Light Railway is another that I would have liked to have repeated for this assignment, but unfortunately by the time I started photographing for it the steam service had been removed for the winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment